Paul Cluver Wines is a family owned and family run winery, focused on producing wines that reflect the uniqueness of the cool-climate Elgin terroir. The family is proud to have pioneered the Elgin appellation and for being seen as a leader in the sustainable farming.
The property is approximately 70km south-east of Cape Town and has been in ownership of the Cluver Family since 1896.
Our Tasting centre is open Mondays to Sundays from 09:00-16:00. Please note that the Tasting Centre will be closed on a Sunday during the Winter months of June, July and August.
The office is open from Mondays to Thursdays from 09:00-17:00; Fridays from 09:00-16:00.
The wine business forms part of larger holistic farming business called ‘De Rust Estate'. In addition to the vineyards and cellar, there are apple and pear orchards, a Hereford stud and eco-tourism activities, including amphitheatre concerts, on the farm. This estate forms part of the UNESCO world heritage site, the Kogelberg Biosphere. Half of the estate has been set aside for conservation into perpetuity.
- Tim Atkin (MW) South Africa Report First Growth 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Founder member of the Green Mountain Eco-route - the World's first wine & biodiversity route.
- Initiator & mentor of Thandi Wines - SA's first black economic empowerment wine brand and World's first Fairtrade wine brand.
- BWI Champion status since 2009
- Drinks Business Green Awards 2010 - Lifetime Achievement Award went to Dr. Paul Cluver
- Drinks Business Green Awards 2010 - Ethical Company Award - Joint runner-up.