Creamy Confit Garlic Orzo Pasta
Indulge in our Creamy Confit Garlic Orzo Pasta, topped with parmesan shavings, toasted walnuts, exotic wild mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Paired perfectly with our Estate Pinot Noir, this dish will transport your taste buds.
A culinary masterpiece crafted by Chef Jonathan Molden and the Pick ‘n Pay Winemakers Table.
Pair with our Estate Pinot Noir
- 40g dried Shitake or exotic mushrooms
- 160g Orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 15ml oil
- 2 baby onions or ½ white onion – finely chopped
- 1 clove confit garlic – roughly chopped
- 250ml cream
- 20g Parmesan – grated
- 20g toasted walnuts
- 4 slices of crispy cured coppa
- 15ml Crafted Collection lemon infused olive oil
- 10g parmesan – shavings
- Seasoning to taste
Method – Confit Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180’C.
- Wrap the cloves of garlic into tinfoil with a little drizzle of olive oil, seasoning and any additional herbs desired.
- Place the wrapped garlic into the oven for 8 minutes until golden and soft
- Allow to cool before submerging the garlic into oil and setting aside until use.
Method – Crispy cured coppa
- Preheat the oven to 100’C.
- Place the coppa slices onto a tray and place into the oven for 1hr until dry and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container for a maximum of 3 days.
Method – Complete dish
- In a small bowl, place the dried mushrooms and pour over boiling water until covered. Allow to rehydrate until needed +- 15 minutes
- In a pot, bring water with a pinch of salt to the boil and add the Orzo pasta. Cook for roughly 10 minutes until Al Dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil and the finely chopped onions. Allow to fry until soft and translucent before adding the confit garlic.
- Fry for a further 2 minutes before adding the cream and the mushrooms.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes before draining the cooked pasta and adding it to the creamy mixture.
- Stir to combine before sprinkling in the grated parmesan and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the serving bowls, top with the toasted walnuts, torn crispy coppa, parmesan shavings and a drizzle of the Crafted Collection lemon infused olive oil.
- Add additional seasoning if desired before serving.
Servings: 2 pax