To ensure both a delicious and relaxing festive season when entertaining family and friends, Chef Stacey recommends keeping it simple with fuss-free canapés that can be easily prepared in advance. Put out glasses and an ice bucket or two of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and let your guests help themselves. Adjust both recipes as needed for your party size.
1. Season kudu fillet, rub with oil and seal in a hot pan (lightly sear on all sides)
2. Remove, roll in the chopped herbs and clingfilm tightly to get a round shape. Freeze overnight.
3. Cut the bread into discs or squares, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Place in the oven at 180 C to toast until lightly golden.
4. Unwrap the frozen fillet and thinly slice. Lay onto the bread slices.
5. Mix together the capers, wholegrain mustard and mayonnaise.
6. In a hot pan, quickly toss in cherry tomatoes with a splash of olive oil and seasoning for a minute or two.
7. Dollop sauce atop the kudu, add the cherry tomatoes and finish with parmesan shavings.
Servings: 4 pax